WHAT MADE ME SMILE THIS WEEK
- This week was hard. Like, one of the worst weeks I’ve had in a very, very long time. However, I think the best way to get past a difficult time is to find the light in what seems like a dark situation. So the first thing that made me smile this week was doing a fulllll glam face look (for a TikTok). I haven’t done a full glam face, complete with a contoured cheek and cat-eye eyeliner, since my competitive dancing days in high school, so testing out those skills again were so much fun! Follow me on TikTok @lindleymael to see the completed look!
- My younger brother, Luke, and I decided to get out of the house and go for a drive. We stopped at a gas station to get some snacks, and then went to a small pond outside of town. It was nice to get some sunshine and get out of the house, even if it was for a quick 30 minutes.
- I Zoomed with my three best friends for hours as a virtual girls night. We played drinking games, watched TikToks, and just caught up on everyone’s lives. It was so nice to get to see them again, especially since it is so unknown of when we will actually be able to see each other in person again. I laughed so hard, drank probably too much, and had the time of my life catching up with my girls.
- I did a face mask!! I have zero idea why doing little extra self-care things make me so happy, but they really do. I tried a new face mask that made me feel so relaxed and overall a lot better and less stressed.
- I found out that John Mulaney (aka my favorite comedians) is releasing a new episode of the Sack Lunch Bunch with Jake Gyllenhaal (aka one of my celeb crushes). Finding this out made me so excited because 1. I need more content to watch since I’ve finished The Circle and Tiger King in a week, and 2. because it’s some of my FAVORITE PEOPLE EVER ON ONE SCREEN!!!
I hope you guys like this segment, and I am hoping to do this more frequently to spread some positivity!
What is one thing that made you smile this week?
…And that’s what’s going on in Lindley’s Life.